This article will assist you in Getting started with the JR2000 uAttend timeclock.
Getting Started Guide (Connect to the Internet, Pair with an Account, Set Time Zone)
- Connect the clock to a power outlet, with the supplied power adapter. If the time clock is new, it should boot to a welcome screen with a button to “Get Started”.
2. Press the Get Started button to proceed with the initial setup.
The first step will be connecting the clock to the internet. This can be done by simply connecting the clock to your router with an Ethernet cable or connecting to your compatible WIFI network with your network’s password.
3. Tap the option on the screen that you wish to use, WIFI or LAN.
If the clock is connected via LAN (Ethernet cable from the router to the timeclock) you should see a green LAN icon in the upper right corner of the screen, indicating that you are successfully connected to your network. Proceed to the Pair Clock with Account section of the set up.
4. If you choose to connect to the internet via WIFI, locate your network from the list of available networks and tap to select it from the list.
You will then be prompted to enter your WIFI password.
5. Tap the prompt to bring up the onscreen keyboard and use it to enter your password, then tap the icon in the lower right corner to close the keyboard and then tap the “Next” button.
The clock should display a confirmation page and you should see a green WIFI icon in the upper right corner of the screen, indicating that you are successfully connected to your network.
The next step will be to pair the new time clock with an account.
6. Enter the Company ID, using the on-screen keyboard, tap the icon in the lower left corner to hide the keyboard and then tap the “Next” button.
An authentication code will be sent to all Administrators’ email addresses to verify your account.
7. Tap the “Enter Code” button and enter the verification code sent to the Administrator(s). Then tap “Next”.
You should see a screen, confirming that the account has been found, with the Company’s name. If the information is correct.
8. Tap “Next” to proceed.
9. Select the time zone for the region the clock will be operating in.
After selecting the time zone to the clock, you should see a screen prompting you to create a 5-digit numerical passcode for accessing the admin menu of the device.
Note: The passcode must be exactly 5-digits, must only contain numerals, cannot be '53178' and cannot be the same as a previously used passcode.
10. Enter a unique, 5-digit, numerical passcode and press the 'Next' button.
11. A setup complete confirmation screen should be displayed. Tap “Done” to finish the setup.
You should now see the home screen, with your Company’s name above the current time and date.
Setting the Super Administrator Passcode
Upon accessing the super administrator menu for the first time, you will be prompted to set a unique passcode.
Note: The passcode must be exactly 8-digits, must only contain numerals, cannot be '31468912' and cannot be the same as a previously used passcode.
1. Enter a unique, 8-digit, numerical passcode and press the 'Next' button.